Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dec. 17th -22nd.....catching up

So I have been out of pocket for a while. Let do the catch up game.

December 17 – Lesson Learned. What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward? (Author: Tara Weaver)

I thought I was very independent and self sufficient. This year I learned that as great as those qualities may be I need people. I need help and there is no shame in that. I also learned that I expect too much from people. I know that seems impossible but I do. I learned that my support system is amazing and I would not be who I am without them.


December 18 – Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it? (Author: Kaileen Elise)


Next year ( not too far away). I want to try to find some sort of balance that works for me. I am going to be a 1st time parent and just want to be good for her. I want to find the joys in the little things and less stress in the everyday stuff. I want to be able to truly see the amazing "stuff" happening in front of me and not in retrospect. I want to enjoy as it happens.

As far as trying new things. I think parenthood will play a big role in that.


December 19 – Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011? (Author: Leonie Allan)


My brother. My younger, amazing brother. If you know anything about us.... we are true optimistic pessimists. We always seem to be on opposite ends. And when I was at my most pessimist side he gave me the world's greatest advice. Given he quoted a movie but none the less...great advice. " I am the captain of my fate...the master of my soul."

I couldn't let a few people change that. I needed to be reminded of that. He told me who I was and how much I could let things effect me or I could feel the pain for as long as I needed and then let go because of who I was. He helped me heal.

December 20 – Beyond Avoidance. What should you have done this year but didn’t because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?) (Author: Jake Nickell)

I will have to get back to you on this one.


December 21 – Future Self. Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead? (Bonus: Write a note to yourself 10 years ago. What would you tell your younger self?) (Author: Jenny Blake)

Wow. That is a while. I don't know. I will be 35. Have a 5 year old. I would be married for 8 years. I don't know. It doesn't seem possible to know what will be. Or what should I say to myself.

I guess I would say this:

Love like it will never hurt, enjoy the moments, make memories, never stop dreaming, strive to be the best of you and expect no less, remain strong but be willing to be weak when you need others, remember where you started and always look forward...dance with your best friend...


December 22 – Travel How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year? (Author: Tara Hunt)

I took a anniversary trip to Fredricksburg. Loved every minute of it. We also went to New Orleans for my graduation. Next year I would love to travel to see my brother and my aunts and uncles. I would love to have them meet my little family.


No comments:

Post a Comment