Wednesday, December 8, 2010

REVERB 10

Okay, so my dear friend, Elizabeth has been faithfully committed to participating in Reverb 10. Which in turn has caused me to reflect on the prompts as well. So, I thought I would participate too. Let's see how it goes. I am going to do a synopsis of the last 7 days that I have missed. Here it goes.

December 1 – One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you? (Author: Gwen Bell)

Whirlwind. That would be my word. I choose this word because it has gone by so fast and I can't believe it. So much happened, changed, and been revealed to me that I am not sure where time went.

For 2011, I would choose the word, bountiful. I want my year to be described as full. Full of love, family, challenges, blessings, time, positive energy. I realize that this might lead to chaos but even in the chaos I want to see beauty
.

December 2 – Writing. What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it? (Author: Leo Babauta)

I stress myself out with time. I do not use time to its' best ability. I waste time when I shouldn't and I rush it when I should enjoy it. Can I change this? I think so. I think I can become better organized that the minor things in life don't become so overwhelming and take away time from me to enjoy writing again.

December 3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Author: Ali Edwards)

I am not into retreats. I feel like I have been there, done that, got a t shirt kinda thing about retreats. Not that they do not have merit. I just feel that personally I am somewhere different. I attended a retreat in April of this year and had a moment that I have yet to figure out. The weekend was great. I meet so many wonderful women and had a good time. It was the last morning and we sat in a circle, holding hands with the people next to us. I believe there was either music or a prayer going on or possibly both. I was holding my friend Nancy's hand. I could not focus. I kept hearing a voice, my voice saying, "Touch is healing...tell her that healing beings with touch." I know it sounds weird. I didn't hear this booming voice, I heard my own telling me that my new friend needed to hear those words. No idea why but I needed to tell her. Forget what was going on, prayer or no prayer. When we finally let go....I told my friend those words. And she knew what they meant. It was powerful. That day I learned that my voice (God's voice) speaks to me all the time but I often times put it on mute. Anyways this moment was big for me because I needed to be reminded that "my inner voice" is valid and I needed to give it more credit and listen more to it.

December 4 – Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year? (Author: Jeffrey Davis)-

I don't know if I can take complete credit for this. I am expecting and wonder has definitely been a part of my life since May of this year when I learned we were pregnant. Hearing a heartbeat that is not your own but within you causes wonder beyond belief. I am constantly in awe (& wonder) of this little person inside of me. And the fact that my body has adjusted to this little person, making room for her, her movement to sound (particularly her daddy's voice), this is just to name a few.

December 5 – Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why? (Author: Alice Bradley)

I am still working on this. I think I am pretty good a letting go of things and people (which is scary) to begin with. I try not to hold on to too much.

December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)

The last thing I made was hair bows. I made several hair bows for my nieces. I would like to learn to make little dresses......which is weird because I don't like dresses but I would like to make my little one a dress. I would also like to make some aprons, curtains, scarves, just tons of crafty project that I would give as gifts. But I definitely need more time.

December 7 – Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011? (Author: Cali Harris)

I mentioned early that I had attended a retreat back in April. Well, that is where I found community. Interestingly enough! These wonderful and amazing women have been such a support for me throughout my pregnancy. I did not expect that at all. They have been excited when I was terrified. They have showered me with love when I have been at rock bottom. They have shown me that even though they only met me in April that love knows no time constraint. You can truly love someone and have only begun to get to know them. I felt the loss of some sense of friendship this year and these women have lifted me up. They have surrounded me with such amazing love. They showed me that I am loved by so many people and that is where my focus should be not on my expectations of others.
I would like to continue with this church community and possibly become more involved in various opportunities offered through this community.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so gald you decided to do Reverb 10!!!! Your "Moment" gave me chills...I hope you know how much you are loved and what a blessing you are to those around you!!!!

    ReplyDelete