Friday, December 10, 2010

Dec. 10th~ Wisdom

Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?

The wisest thing I did this year? Hmmm. I think I became more open to the idea of needing people. Let me explain. The last few years I have cocooned myself into a select few people that I hang out with and was friends with. I relied heavily on this group. This last year I realized that is not me at all. I have never been so closed off before. I do not believe I was aware of this. Or that I was making a
conscience choice to change it . I think it began with one small moment that open the flood gates. The great part about this it I have made some truly great friends this year. Friends that I can not imagine not being in my life.

It is quite strange for me to realize this. I believe God knows who He puts in your path for great reasons. And He placed these amazing people in my life because I needed to be reminded of how loved I truly am for being me. I was let down this year by my little "circle" but because I was surrounded by these new friends I realized that....1) Life is too short to hold grudges 2). That when you least expected it you are blessed with so much 3). And that friends are not those who have known you the longest but those you love you for who you are and who walk with you through the biggest changes in your life.

So, the wisdom I learned this year. Surround yourself with people that love you and be open to those who God has put in your path.

1 comment: