Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Weekend Retreat

So I signed up for a retreat a few months ago........and now the weekend has finally come and I am having my doubts. But this is my personality...the less time I have to think about something the least likely I am to back out or out think myself.

And I have told JD how I felt. In October he went on the men's version of the retreat and I can honestly say it was quite beneficial for him. So last night after he got back form his Bible study I knew something was up. I could just see it in his face. He gave me this huge hug and told me I was going to have a great time and that he was excited for me.

I don't know...I guess I just don't want to disappoint him because I know he has done a lot of work towards it and that he wants me to have the same experience he had. But I guess I am just going through the same feelings I always experience. SO I am going ...and I am going to go with the flow (which apparently is hard for me to do)...and I am just not going to think about it anymore.

I did get a phone call last night from someone on the retreat team and I decided I am not a happy perky person because after I got off the phone I told my husband...." you know I am not coming back like that right?" I mean I am a pessimist...and although I do believe in balance... optimisim is not always my strong point. Of course my wonderful husband just laughed and hugged me and said " I love you anyways."

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA……I BET THE PERSON WAS JUST HAPPY! I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. BUT I THINK THAT SOMETIMES WE (ME AND YOU ) TRY TO MAINTAIN THE SO-CALLED “BALANCE” SO MUCH THAT WE MISS OUT ON WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE ON ONE OF THOSE EXTREMES. WE CAN’T LIVE OUR LIFE TRYING TO MAINTAIN THE BALANCE BY ALWAYS BEING ON THE OTHER EXTREME SIDE!

    YEA AND YOU DON’T REALLY GO WITH THE FLOW….HAHA JUST SAYING….. SO HOW DID THE RETREAT GO?

    ReplyDelete