Monday, March 22, 2010

Lessons Learned.......


Do you ever have those moments where you can't help but to reflect back on everything? I took a road trip with my friend, Missy...and road trips call for long conversations about life. I went to my friends' daughter's birthday party and spent 10hrs in a car having great conversations with my college roommate.

Anyways, to the point. I had some time to reflect on so many things. Our road trip lead to some serious reminiscing. And I guess I would say one of the things I can't get out of my head was the lessons learned from all the experiences I had in college. See each time we talked, laughed, questioned the relationships, moments or times in college we would go back to ....the lessons learned.

After reminiscing and laughing on whatever topic.....one of us would ask the other..."And the lesson learned there was ?" And it always seemed to have taught us something.

So if I could tell my twenty-something self
anything
it would be this:
(And I just did the Top 10...maybe later I will reveal others)

1. Just because you are young doesn't mean you will live forever, so take care of yourself.

2. Boys never change....so find your true friends because your true friends will grow with you forever and love you even when you (or they) can't stand you.

3. Work out and learn to love it.....


4. Takes lots of pictures......one day you might need a good laugh.


5. Your mom/parents aren't that bad...and one day you will realize that.


6. Each boy you date will bring you a lesson........so learn from it because when the right one comes around you will be able to appreciate him that much more.


7. You will meet your best friends at this time...and they will change you for the better.


8. Enjoy all the moments with your family...one day you will wish you had more time with them.


9. Your heart will get broken more than once...but you will find love......so enjoy being single.....it will happen.


10. This is the best time of your life and you won't know it till later......so live it, enjoy it, and breath it all in ....

Not that I would have listened then. What matters now...is that I know it now. Funny how we can only see the blessings in retrospect.

1 comment:

  1. where was this 10hr road trip to?

    I feel you yhave told me these lessons a lot already.

    by the way...can you call me when you can...on my cell phone...from the number i gave you.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete